Answer by Matt Wyndowe:
There are thousands of great articles/videos/blogs out there on entrepreneurship. To keep this usable, I tried to limit my answer to a list one could reasonably get through in a single day. The links below are supposed to represent a variety of themes of interest to entrepreneurs, with limited overlap.
4 Best Blogs: [up to date, as of April 2014]
- Paul Graham:
- (new): ; (old):
[Update wWarning: Everything below is unfortunately very out of date, like 2012]
- , the Art of the Start.
- Paul again, on the "Black Swans" of entrepreneurship:
- on Entrepreneurship from a VC perspective:
- on Building a Lean Startup: (more at )
- Achieving Product-Market Fit (Horowitz):
- 's, Startup Metrics for Pirates.
- 13 revenue models:
- Example 1: How(Meebo) did it:
- Example 2: Howdid it: and 's great post (also see Quora posts below)
- Example 3: The importance of being lean and being able to pivot:
- What startups are really like (Paul Graham, yet again):
- on how to write a business plan:
- Ryan Robert's (), "If I Launched a Startup" (legal and incorporation advice),
- with a good quick summary of how to raise a seed:
- Legal resources: 101 on Stocks / Options by: , ,
- (see especially 's answer)
These contain some overlap with this list, but a lot of great additional stuff.
- 's "Must-read Quora posts on Entrepreneurship":
- 's list:
- 's (HBS prof) "Compilation of the best Web Advice":
- YCombinator startup library:
- Khosla Ventures:
- 's list (on thread below)
- Probably worthwhile keeping everything in perspective (amusing post by):
[Let me know if you have any suggested additions / deletions / modifications. I'll periodically review and update. Thanks!]